The good thing about modern home health care is that it expands participation in clinical trials. This has not only improved the home health care process but has also benefited the older generation who want to age independently and happily in their homes.
Looking at the present home care scenarios, it is hard to branch out the medical knowledge of tomorrow for the home health care agencies of this modern world if they do not represent diverse populations in clinical trials.
There is a diverse range of ailments and incompetence faced by the older people as they age including:
- Heart diseases
- Reduced motor functions and more.
According to the reports of the postdoctoral research scientists, special focus is also required on childhood cancers. They say that most of the cancer clinical trials fail to meet the enrolment targets.
- This is because the reasons for these issues as well as the clinical trials are varied.
- It is also seen that there are several structural barriers that often get in the way of these clinical trials.
There is a new study report published in the March 2019 issue of the Journal of the National Cancer Institute that states that these structural barriers are diverse as well ranging from”
- Reduced access to the patients
- No clinical trials available nearby
- Low financial means to undergo such trials or to travel to participate in these elsewhere to
- Varying degrees of support that are offered to the participating institutions.
In this present day and age, it is seen that the trials sponsored by the pharmaceutical companies typically get far better and more support as compared to those trials that are sponsored by the government.
Passionate about clinical trials
Therefore, modern health care and home care agencies need to be more passionate about clinical trials. There are lots of physician-scientists and medical oncologist in this field of training and trade who support this view. They suggest that when someone is passionate about these clinical trials, they would be able to tell every patient everything they need to know about:
- How to treat
- When to treat and
- What they can expect from the clinical trials before they participated in these.
As for the doctors and the home health caregivers, they need to make sure that the trials they do today are the new therapies for tomorrow. In fact, that is only possible when the doctors, the home health care agencies in Philadelphia and the patients all work together as a part of these clinical trials.
In short, everyone should be passionate about something and for everybody.
The low participation factors
Research scientists also stress the low participation in clinical trials for all populations. It is especially seen in the ethnic minority populations and that possibly reflects several things.
- Firstly, it indicates the failure on the part of the doctors, caregivers, and researchers to make sure that they are making the right and desired efforts to make these clinical opportunities available extensively to everybody.
- Secondly, it also points out their failure to partner with their advocate colleagues to make sure that there is enough awareness about these clinical opportunities across all populations regarding the importance of doing these trials.
Finally, it is actually all about how any individual may and should get even better care. Ideally, it is by their participation in these clinical trials that will provide them with a wide opportunity to get the care of the future and for a better future.
Earning trust matters
Gaining the trust of the people matters most to provide such clinical trials and special home care to senior patients. However, as it is in all other cases, this happens to be the most significant challenge of all.
- In order to earn the trust of the populace, general, as well as ethnic, the doctors as well as the caregivers, must first realize that they have to be culturally apposite and
- They must also employ special efforts so that the minority populations who may be distrustful of the medical and home care system to win their trust.
Ideally, the notion and worry that they will be treated as a guinea pig should be eliminated from their minds. This will ensure that there is headway in the major diseases such as cancer is made and that can only happen when these clinical advances are applied across the board and all population. All these ties into the significance of trust.
However, trust is such an issue that cannot be forced into someone. It can only be built and that too, over time and not overnight. It also needs a very strategic and systemic approach to follow. It involves proper training, processes, and methods that should be in the right place to make a proper connection with the patients.
Understanding the choices
This will eventually build the trust and a far more proactive approach that will ensure a measurable pursuit. Home care agencies will then be able to understand the choices of the people just as the doctors do and intend. This will provide better and faster results in in-home care.
When there is a better trust-building system in place, caregivers will also actually start to realize the different factors that influence the wellness and health choices made by the people. It will help them to balance personalization with standardization.
- With individualized and personalized medicine and care it will ensure that the right patient gets the right test, care or procedure and that too at the right time.
- It will reduce the variability especially when appropriate guidelines according to evidence are needed to be followed to achieve the best results for the patients.
This will ensure that the home care agencies provide more value-added home care to the patients that are affordable as well.
Therefore, it can be summarized that modern health care systems and the health system leaders need to explore all the avenues to bridge the cultural diversity which should be at the core of every activity they perform.